[lubuntu-devel] Fwd: Yakkety Yak (16.10) Final Freeze

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 18:31:56 UTC 2016

Hi Simon,

On 9 October 2016 at 18:46, Simon Quigley <tsimonq2 at lubuntu.me> wrote:

> I really really really hope this isn't a regression from my recent
> hardinfo upload. Could you do the following?
>
> wget http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/h/hardinfo
> /hardinfo_0.5.1-1.4ubuntu1_amd64.deb && sudo apt install
> ./hardinfo_0.5.1-1.4ubuntu1_amd64.deb
>
> Then try again?
>
> If it works with that, then it's my fault... :(

Oh dear, bad news I'm afraid. Pasted your wget and apt command line into
bash (on 64 bit system, hostname franklin) and hardinfo worked fine. Didn't
use it that much but it doesn't crash in the same place.

HTH,

Ian

-- Free Software page -
https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software