[lubuntu-devel] [lubuntu-users] dropping i386/PPC (was: Re: State of PPC)

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 17:28:54 UTC 2016

Hi All,

On 16 November 2016 at 15:04, Ronald Frye <ronfrye at comcast.net> wrote:

> The whole point in my changing over to Lubuntu on my old, 386 computer was
> so I could continue to use it. It's still in very good shape, but it became
> increasingly more difficult to keep Windows running on it.

I like the ability to run Lubuntu on old, 32-bit x86, computers. Plenty of
people have passed on old kit to me (albeit with Pentium or better
processors) and they have been refurbished with Lubuntu and passed on for
free. My youngest user, Olivia, is nearly two - she sees her mum using a
laptop so she plays with the Lubuntu stuff (in particular TuxPaint) and my
oldest user is 70ish.

BW,

Ian

-- Free Software page -