[lubuntu-devel] Steps for adding Lubuntu + LXQt ISO

Julien Lavergne gilir at ubuntu.com
Mon May 16 11:39:52 UTC 2016

Hi,

I finally had some time to continue the infrastructure change,
necessary for a Lubuntu + LXQt ISO. As they have impact on the main
Lubuntu bits, I'll proceed steps by steps, to avoid too much
regressions :

1. Adding code to the seed :
lp:~lubuntu-dev/ubuntu-seeds/lubuntu.yakkety. It's currently on
lp:~lubuntu-dev/ubuntu-seeds/lubuntu.yakkety.qt. I will let some daily
build pass to see if there no problem with the ISO generation. So far,
it will be still invisible for users. I plan to do this today.

2. Creating the meta-package, based on the seed. This step will
effectively create the metapackage in the archive, available for all
users. The list of applications is based on
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-next, and the configuration
will be hosted on lp:~lubuntu-dev/ubuntu-seeds/lubuntu.yakkety. This
list is not set in stone, you can continue the discussion on the
blueprints.

3. Test the metapackage. We need to be sure that the installation will
be OK before asking for an ISO.

4. Ask for an ISO. At this point, we will be ready to request adding
Lubuntu + LXQt to daily builds.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,
Julien Lavergne