[lubuntu-devel] LXQt

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Tue May 3 17:44:43 UTC 2016

The fact of the matter is that transparency is a key component of open
source. This is demonstrated in the actual Ubuntu Code of Conduct (see the
"Be Collaborative" section):
http://www.ubuntu.com/about/about-ubuntu/conduct

Backroom discussions are for multinational corporations. Unlike that
situation, where intentions are questionable, our own backroom discussions
may not be some "clandestine" political act, but that does not mean that
it's ok because of it. For example, I don't know what the heck you're
talking about in the above with regards to bug fixes and mis-matches. That
is indicative of the fact that transparency is not being upheld. We are a
team here, not a dictatorship. No one really wants to be part of that kind
of team because, frankly, they're not.

Also our last IRC meeting (attended by our developers), had much discussion
about preparing LXQt in Lubuntu for y-cycle:
http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/lubuntu-devel/2016/lubuntu-devel.2016-03-09-18.59.moin.txt
so the change recorded on the wiki discussing a release in b-cycle is a
pretty dramatic change:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/LXQt#When_will_it_arrive.3F
That being said, it would be wise for the sake of the rest of the team to
include the logs of all these discussions.

--
@wxl | http://polka.bike
Lubuntu Release Manager & Head of QA