[lubuntu-devel] Release Notes

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 08:22:34 UTC 2016

Den 2016-03-19 kl. 22:45, skrev Phill. Whiteside:
> Hi guys,
>
> following on from earlier tests, I propose to edit the standard page to
> state what RAM is required to use Ubiquity (256 Mb).
> I do think the section on advanced methods page[1] is rather redundant
> and could be better used as a table on the alternate[2] page for us to
> say what is needed before people head for minimal install.
>
> Thoughts and ideas are welcome, these pages are for final and not beta2 :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.
>
> 1. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/AdvancedMethods+1#Test_results
> 2. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Alternate_ISO+1

Hi Phill,

If you mean the paragraph 'Test results', it is OK for me to (re)move
it. Maybe you can put a link from the 'advanced page' to where the
current information is located).

Notice also the data in the paragraph 'Advanced usage with low RAM'!
Some of those numbers about RAM should be adjusted to what is currently
needed. For example, I think we should no longer state that Lubuntu Core
works with 128 MB RAM. I think it will only make people disappointed,
when they try (to use Lubuntu in a computer with only 128 MB RAM).

Best regards
Nio