[lubuntu-devel] 16.04 beta 1 PPC

Herminio Hernandez Jr. herminio.hernandezjr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 06:11:31 UTC 2016

I have just installed beta 1 on my iBook G4 and am extremely happy with the work so far.

The biggest issue I have had with Ubuntu based distros in PPC was video playback. Xorg process would spike and the fans kick up really loud.

However I did see this issue on the beta. It performed great! When I activated Compton I did notice an increase in CPU for the xorg process and the fans started up slightly during video playback, however it was not as bad as previous.

Now if 3D acceleration can be fixed...

Keep up the great work.

Herminio

Sent from my iPhone