[lubuntu-devel] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1547956

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 01:23:11 UTC 2016

Hi again,

I've been focusing on the new Lubuntu beta1, which has improved :-)

But I have bad news about Lubuntu alternate amd64 and the corresponding
Ubuntu Server amd64 in UEFI mode. They boot nicely to the grub menu as
the should, but both of my current computers with UEFI fail with the
graphics. (The same hardware is happy in BIOS mode, but for some reason
it fails in UEFI mode.)

One of the computers is the Toshiba that I often use for testing. The
other one is a Lenovo X131e. Probably there are some boot options, that
would fix it, but now that Lubuntu desktop works, I stop trying to
install from Lubuntu alternate and from Ubuntu Server in UEFI mode.

Best regards
Nio