[lubuntu-devel] 14.04.4 LTS Alternate image for PPC

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 17 20:06:49 UTC 2016

Well, that page is not going to be replaced with another page for 14.04.4.
Notes specific to 14.04.4 will be added to the top. So, to answer your
question, yes the note will still be there :)

As for the wiki page being immutable, Canonical IS has temporarily made the
entire wiki system immutable to anyone(!) in order to deal with a spam
hassle. I'm told it is suspected that we will have it working by tomorrow.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/17/2016 09:19 PM, Walter Lapchynski wrote:
> > No. Because of problems with debian-installer, we haven't been able to
> > provide alternates for any architectures for most of the point releases.
> >
> > Since the updates are largely HWE (read: kernel updates), it's easy
> enough
> > for people without the ability to use DVDs/USBs to simply upgrade within
> > the system itself.
> >
> > This, incidentially, is already covered in the release notes:
> >
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TrustyTahr/ReleaseNotes/Lubuntu#Workarounds_Available
>
> Thanks.  Perhaps that note can be carried forward to the upcoming
> section on 14.04.4 by Phill or someone with write access?  The wiki page
> is immutable for some of us.
>
> Regards,
> Lars

@wxl | http://polka.bike
Lubuntu Release Manager & Head of QA
Ubuntu PPC Point of Contact
Ubuntu Oregon LoCo Team Leader
Ubuntu Membership Board & LoCo Council Member
Eugene Unix & GNU/Linux User Group Co-Organizer