[lubuntu-devel] [ubuntu/zesty-proposed] lubuntu-default-settings 0.48 (Accepted)

Julien Lavergne gilir at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 14 20:51:03 UTC 2016

> Hello,
>
> On 13 December 2016 at 19:07, Julien Lavergne <gilir at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> Hi Dimitri,
>>
>> This symlink is a workaround for
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/casper/+bug/1582270 Last
>> time I checked, sddm didn't work on an ISO (it doesn't log
>> automatically on the live session if plasma.desktop is not here). Or
>> may be it was fixed recently ? (I didn' t check zeisty state for this
>> issue)
>>

> That workaround prevents installing lubuntu-qt-desktop because it
> introduces a file conflict between two dependant packages. A better
> fix is required.
>
> The problem is that there are file conflicts. On a minimal ubuntu
> system (e.g. server / chroot) one cannot install lubuntu-qt-desktop as
> that eventually depends on both plasma-workspace and
> lubuntu-extra-sessions, both of which ship plasma.desktop file in the
> same location.
>
> Either ssdm should be fixed to read preferred default somehow else, or
> use something better to resolve this file conflict: e.g. register
> update-alternatives for this file, or use dpkg-divert to override it.
>
> Does that make sense?

As far as I know, this problem is only on the live session. I posted a
patch for casper on
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/casper/+bug/1582270 that
should fix the issue. Could you have a look at it ? Or I can subscribe
ubuntu-sponsors for more inputs if you prefer.

Anyway, thanks for your help on this.

Regards,
Julien Lavergne