[lubuntu-devel] red bug: the installer failed in Lubuntu desktop i386 beta1

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 04:44:05 UTC 2016

Den 2016-08-23 kl. 22:08, skrev Nio Wiklund:
> Den 2016-08-23 kl. 21:55, skrev Brendan Perrine:
>> On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 21:10:32 +0200
>> Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Lubuntu developers and users,
>>>
>>> 1. The installer failed today at (before, during or after) 'installing a
>>> language pack'. I'm trying to install in Swedish. I filed the following
>>> bug report,
>>>
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1616183
>>>
>>> Please check and confirm as soon as possible, if you are affected too.
>>>

>>> 2. I made a quick check with the alternate i386 installer, and it seems
>>> to fail too, but I have not investigated how to file a bug report yet.
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Nio
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> I started writing  1 as a way to do this don't worry it took me a
>> while to figure it out as well. I
>>
>> [1]https://wiki.ubuntu.com/walterorlin/debugging-debian-installer
>>

> Nice wiki page, Brendan :-)
>
> It is getting late here, and I have to get up early tomorrow, so I will
> go to bed now. If you have time, please report the bug in the alternate
> installer, if you are affected too. That would make it reported 12 hours
> earlier (or more).'
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi again,

1. *Workaround for the desktop installer, ubiquity*

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1616183

which is considered a duplicate of

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1611010

I tested when re-located to the New York time zone, and still used
Swedish language ... it works in amd64, and it works in i386.

-o-

2. *The network fails in the alternate installer*

I'll be back later about the bug in the alternate installer. You
commented your test with

"offline in kvm vm I pretty sure I pebkac my virt manager connection. It
did install in English."

I don't think it is PEBKAC alias "Problem Exists Between Keyboard And
Chair" because I am affected too, cannot connect my Toshiba laptop, that
almost always connects willingly (connects with the current desktop iso
files and older alternate iso files). I think it is a new bug.

http://www.toshiba.se/laptops/satellite-pro/c850/satellite-pro-c850-19w/

I will look into it later today.

Best regards
Nio