Lububot

Simon Quigley sqawesome99 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 02:25:05 UTC 2015

​I have a progress update.

I have the updatepackagexenial() function coded, but I have no way to test
it. I would like to see a way to be able to call the function in a loop,
but I would still like to be able to do other tasks at the same time. Maybe
a trigger? Could someone please take a look at this code, do what needs to
be ​done to make it functional, and make a pull request?

When that is done, the one and only working function at that point would be
to detect package updates for Lubuntu packages in Xenial, but using
existing code once that is implemented, I can move a lot more smoothly.
After this, I plan on implementing the same functions for Wily, Vivid,
Trusty, and Precise. After that, I can look at build notifications. But
this problem needs to be fixed before I can proceed.

I filed a formal issue on Github here:
https://github.com/tsimonq2/lububot/issues/1

Thanks in advance to whoever decides to take on this easy task. This is
probably really simple, and I am just not seeing it.

--
Have a nice day,
Simon Quigley