[loco-contacts] Our teams reject the new LoCo Council policy

Ubuntu-ast admin at ubuntu-ast.org
Sat Oct 11 18:15:11 UTC 2014

Hello all,

We would like to express our disagreement with the new organization
politics on LoCo Teams presented by the LoCo Council. It has been a not
consensual decision and even our LoCos were not consulted at any moment.

Establishing a LoCo per state would create organisational problems
between them.

This new politic has been thought regardless of cultures and languages
of possible regions on the countries, we consider this extent against
Ubuntu philosophy, where from the beginning cultural and linguistic
richness were promoted. As for translation teams, always related to
their LoCos, this compulsive subordination is offensive for Galician,
Basque, Catalan and Asturian translators and could carry abandoning some
language translations.

 From Ubuntu-ast, Ubuntu-cat and Ubuntu-gl, we are always looking
forward to work with other LoCos anywhere. The hard work from our
members is volunteering, and this new politics does not take in
account the people, their culture or their work, but only countries,
introducing a whimsical administrative organisation element that has
nothing to do with people.

As this is volunteering work, the better thing to do would be not to
annoy the volunteers.

This is a moment when Ubuntu community is not growing in any sense,
please don’t make things worse with bad decisions. We request the
removal of this new policy.

Best regards

On behalf of the Ubuntu-cat, Ubuntu-eu, Ubuntu-gl & Ubuntu-ast teams