[loco-contacts] ISO generator for LoCo teams

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 13:57:35 UTC 2014

>> One option AFAIK would be to modify existing ISO, or is it then
>> lacking some of the UEFI magic when it's parsed back together with
>> mkisofs?
>> http://torvi.atm.tut.fi/ubuntu-finnish-remix/14.04/ubuntu-14.04-desktop-amd64-finnishremix.iso
>> https://code.launchpad.net/ubuntu-fi-remix
>
> Ho :D
>
> This seems to work in both cases (UEFI and Legacy) on my computer. I'll
> forward this to the french team in charge of that to let them read your code
> and test this 64bit ISO

As agreed during UOS, I've translated the script to be completely in
English so it's usable / more clear for more people. I also cleaned it
up a bit otherwise, including point out clearly there's one "manual"
(non-copypaste) step in there nowadays, solving a problem that was
realized with 14.04.

This was the "quick & ugly" way of doing it, but it might help people
out to get propery working 14.04 LTS iso images done in the near
future. I only install and remove packages, but you can do anything
you want with the rootfs if you know what/where you're doing, like
editing user defaults.

-Timo