LoCo Team App Dev Schools - Volunteers Needed!

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 6 22:40:38 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone!

Happy new year!

2014 is going to be a great year for Ubuntu App Developers. We laid
down some fantastic foundations in 2013, but this year we want to
extend and grow our community in multiple directions...building a
solid, empowered on-ramp for creating awesome apps for Ubuntu.

...but we can't do this alone, we need your help!

One effort here is to work with our fantastic LoCo Team Community
(http://loco.ubuntu.com) to run a series of Ubuntu App Developer
schools across the world. We have one of the greatest advocacy
communities anywhere, so this seems like a perfect match.

Fortunately, David Planella has already created some awesome slides
and a good tutorial that these schools can work from (he did this for
a previous event), and we are here to help provide help and guidance
about how to run an event.

As such, we are looking for volunteers to run a local Ubuntu App Dev
school in your area. Doing this is as simple as:

 * Find a place to run an event and pick a date when to run it.
 * Find some other folks in your LoCo who would be interested in helping.
 * Get the material and tune it for your event if needed.
 * Promote the event locally and encourage people to join.
 * Practice the material a few times before the big day, then show up,
run the class and have fun.
 * Take lots of pictures!

The last step is really important as we would like to create a montage
of the events. :-)

So, if you are interested in participating, send me an email to
jono at ubuntu.com and mention which LoCo team you are part of and where
you would run the event, and lets make the magic happen!

   Jono

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager