Rrrrolling Rrreleases

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 09:26:06 UTC 2013

2013/3/1 Alan Bell <alanbell at ubuntu.com>:
> as you have probably seen there has been discussion opened up about having a
> rolling release between the LTS releases. My guess is that this means the
> approved LoCo teams would get a CD pack to distribute every two years rather
> than every 6 months. Anyone know if this is a good guess, and does anyone
> have an opinion on this?

Dunno, but I'd hope that point releases would get shipped now that
beginning with 12.04.2 LTS we have full new hardware support stack
included. Similar to OEMs et cetera which must be loving this "LTS
works with newer hardware", it would be relevant also to LoCos. Or at
least that the CDs on sale at http://shop.canonical.com/ would be
renewed for the point releases and marked as such.

The same applies to own CD pressing project by LoCos, the point
releases are good to be kept on mind. 12.04.2 is now fresh so it'd be
a good time right now.

-Timo