Sponsored LoCo Teams (was re: Approved LoCo Teams - Discussion)

Christophe Sauthier (Huats) christophe.sauthier at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 11 09:31:44 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 9:50 AM, YoBoY <yoboy.leguesh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 11/02/2013 09:09, Benjamin Kerensa a écrit :
>

>> IMHO contributing at the local community level should be the least
>> bureaucratic and easiest process in the community.
>>

> Hi Benjamin,
>
> And it is the easiest way to contribute for lot of users in my community.
> They contribute to the localised ressources in their native language. They
> contribute with time, helping in the events where we are. They contribute
> organising events in their cities. Our small "core team" is just the link
> between the ressources (mostly ours) and everything in our country or in our
> websites.
>
> All these invisible people don't care about what is the status of our loco,
> and only know about it when we have a reapproval because we communicate
> about this process. The approval/reapproval is a very good health check of
> what a loco is doing, to let everyone know (people inside and outside our
> loco, people who want to join) the actions realised so far, and the actions
> comming.
>
> We don't do it to have CDs (it's just free goodies for one event), we don't
> do it to have a banner (it has a bad ubuntu.com english only link on it), we
> don't do it for the tablecloth (this one is the best gift we have received,
> it's sad we can't have/buy more…), we are doing it to keep the trust of our
> peers, to let them know we are doing our best and let us use the Ubuntu
> brand and ressources like an official ubuntu voice.
>
> Sponsored don't show that. But perhap's I'm wrong somewhere.
I strongly agree with YoBoY : sponsored is not the right term. In my
opinion the most important thing that a loco would gain by being
"approved" is the right to manage their own ubuntu website and the
right to have ubuntu derivated product. CDs are great of course, but
it is not the main impact.

Honnestly, I think approved might be the best word we have found so far...

       Cheers

             Christophe