Sponsored LoCo Teams (was re: Approved LoCo Teams - Discussion)

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 10:19:23 UTC 2013

I agree with the phrase "Sponsored" while at the same time I think YoBoy
has pointed out a seemingly important issue.

Which is sponsorship is nice albeit its not a reward or recognition the
reality is that LoCo's do a lot of hard work marketing Ubuntu to get this
label of recognition just so they can get CD's (never enough) to further
their marketing to a higher level.

I sometimes think the process and criteria used to judge who gets resources
is counterproductive indeed we have a number of states when love Ubuntu but
do not want to go through hoopla just to get DVD's which then they have to
distribute.

+1 for being the Ubuntu Community and not the sponsored Canonical Community.

My two cents written at 2:00am ;)

On Feb 9, 2013 12:37 AM, "YoBoY" <yoboy.leguesh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 09/02/2013 01:20, Grant Bowman a écrit :
>
>> +1 for "Sponsored" which seems to have a majority from my unscientific
>> view reading along.
>>

> Really? Another fork of the topic?
>
> The "sponsored" term just make me smile, and it's so linked with the
commercial part of Canonical. We are not really sponsored, giving us some
CD twice a year, it's good, but it's clearly not enough. Where are all the
common communication stuff (stickers, badges,…)? Locos are alone for that
and have to find real sponsorship elsewhere.

> So please, don't link us too much with Canonical. We are the Ubuntu
Community, not the sponsored Canonical Community.