Official Ubuntu Server Book 3rd Edition
Jorge O. Castro
jorge at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 14 20:18:48 UTC 2013
Greetings Ubuntu Server users and Local Team leaders.
Prentice Hall has just released the 3rd Ed. of "The Official Ubuntu
Server Book" authored by Kyle Rankin and Benjamin Mako Hill. As
background, the 2nd Ed. published in 2010 and the book has since been
updated to remain as the definitive, authoritative guide to getting up
and running quickly with the newest, most powerful versions of Ubuntu
Server. You can skim the complete Table of Contents and read a free
sample chapter, #3, "Package Management", here on the publisher site:
- [Table of Contents and Chapter
Prentice Hall will be pleased to ship approved LoCo teams each (1)
free copy of this new edition. This will be a great addition to each
team’s library of Ubuntu books! To keep this as simple as possible,
you can request your book by following these steps. The team contact
shown on our LoCo Team List (and only the team contact) should send an
email to usergroups at informit.com and include the following details:
- Your full name.
- Which team you are from
- If your team resides *within North America*, please provide:
- Your complete street address (the book will ship by UPS)
- If your team resides *outside North America*, you will first be
emailed a voucher code to download the complete eBook bundle from the
publisher site, InformIT, which includes the ePub/mobi/pdf files.
If you wish to be considered for a print copy, please provide:
- Your complete street address, region, country AND IMPORTANT: Your
phone number, including country and area code. (Pearson will make its
best effort to arrange shipment through its nearest corporate office.)
A few notes:
- Only approved teams are eligible for a free copy of the book.
- Only the team contact for each team (shown on this page) can make
the request for the book.
- There is a limit of (1) copy of each book per approved team.
- Prentice Hall will cover postage, but not any import tax or other
- When you have the books, it is up to you what you do with them. We
recommend you share them between members of the team. LoCo Leaders:
please don’t hog them for yourselves!
- The deadline for getting your requests in SEPTEMBER 15, 2013.
If you have any questions or concerns, please directly contact
Prentice Hall's Heather Fox at heather DOT fox @ pearson DOT com.
Also, for those teams who are not approved or yet to be approved, you
can still score a rather nice 35% discount on the books by registering
your LoCo with the [Pearson User Group
http://juju.ubuntu.com/charm-championship - Share your infrastructure,
win a prize!
More information about the loco-contacts