Ubuntu Moscow LoCo

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 4 06:31:08 UTC 2013

On Apr 3, 2013 9:00 AM, "Martin Owens" <doctormo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2013-04-02 at 22:41 -0700, Jono Bacon wrote:
> > and I worry at times that our requirements around approval or
> > meeting a certain criteria can stand in the way of teams being active.
>
> It's higher than it needs to be for certain resources.

Realistically resources like DVD's, Banners and Booth Cloths are not
gifts... I think right now they are treated like a perk when in reality the
DVD's get given out to the public.

The banner and booth cloths are advocacy tools... We should not set a bar
higher than any other open source project to get these kind of
resources.... Gnome, Mozilla, Fedora... Nobody limits their volunteers with
bureaucracy like we currently do.

Sure we don't want to send resources where they are wasted but blog
aggregation for a loco team? Let's find out a way to break down the
barriers and spread FOSS.

> > If we reject them because they don't fit our criteria

Also the criteria is not always clear and equally tested across the board..
For some the bar is lowered and for some its raised.

> Criteria are broad at the moment. This gives teams less structure around
> what the should do to support Ubuntu. But various ideas on what to do
> have become the de-jur standard and semi-integrated into the tests.
>
> > we should let them post their blog posts to loco.ubuntu.com

+1

> Make - "Default to permissive and restrict only when needed in specific
> cases."

+1