New England needs Support

Shahriar Tariq shahriar at linux.org.bd
Mon May 23 04:55:50 UTC 2011

Hi Owen,
I ditto with David.

I'm not  sure whether you are updated with Ubuntu-Bangladesh team. We
have recently faced few hiccups.
Due disagreements on philosophical standing, roadmaps we should follow
and some other factors our team splited in few segments, moreover we
lost few of our key mentor (like our previous team contact Russell
John stepped down).

Our team was inactive for almost 6 months untill recently few of the
member got together and started hanging out. We now meet every second
wewk of the month and discusss about foss world personal life and so
on. Gradually we have seen new faces joining with us. We entitled
these new faces with the job of distributing cds creating screencast.
It worked well for both the team and general users.

Now I've recently switched job, and can't provide much time to the
group/team. But the team has gots it momentum, without the loco teams
initiative members are arranging meetups gathering install fast (it
does not matter how small it is). The members are even planning to
organize a grand linux installfest along with Fedora Bangladesh team.

I hope you can hang on few more months and set the momentam for the
team to gather future team leaders.

Best of luck

Thanking you,
Shahriar Tariq