Publishing .ICS events from loco.ubuntu.com directly to Facebook groups

Fabián Rodríguez magicfab at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 24 15:49:59 UTC 2011

Hi all

It's a real challenge to post all our events in sync on Facebook,
Twitter, Identi.ca, etc.

One piece of this puzzle is creating events within a Facebook group (if
you have setup one for your loco). I like all the information to
originate from loco.ubuntu.com and this Facebook app is something I am
testing:
http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=164414672850

Another app that helps a lot to import multiple RSS feeds in my
*personal* FB wall is:
http://www.rssgraffiti.com/

I haven't spent much time on this other than the bare minimum to do what
I needed, so if anyone has suggestions on how to import RSS feeds to
Identi.ca / Twitter, post RSS feeds to FB groups, or how to do this
better I'd like to hear them.

I don't use FB or Twitter excluseively, but I favor feeding such online
media that can help us reach wider audiences.

Thanks for any tips, specifically regarding events.

Cheers,

Fabian

--
Fabián Rodríguez