[RFC] LEP#1, Standardize the LoCo Team Display Names

Chris Johnston chrisjohnston at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 30 14:39:20 UTC 2011

2011/6/30 Fabián Rodríguez <magicfab at ubuntu.com>:

> Dropping the "Local Community Team" and other suffix variations of it
> would also help in branding, as it's easier not to translate such
> phrases - perhaps just keepin "Team" is more meaningful at this point.

I disagree with removing the "Local Community Team" suffix.. Let me
tell you why.. That way, when someone finds the Launchpad page for the
team, they will know exactly what they are looking at. It would be
easy to drop it from the list on LoCo Directory when they all follow
the same convention. I can't take 42 different naming conventions
though and make them look good together.

Chris