[RFC] LEP#1, Standardize the LoCo Team Display Names

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Jun 30 12:43:55 UTC 2011

On 30 June 2011 13:34, Chuck Frain <chuckfrain at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2011, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
>> This will be the subject of an upcoming LEP / RFC Mail, let's just
>> focus on "true" LoCos, first
> Could you explain the difference between a 'true' LoCo and a
> [presumably] 'false' LoCo?

In the context of this discussion a "true" loco is a team based on a
geographic area (such as a country or state). A "false" loco in this
context might be a translation team, which includes people from around
the world, rather than one geographic region

Whilst it's possible that there is some overlap (such as the UK LoCo
Team and EN-GB translation team) we (LoCo Council) see the two as
separate groups. Translation teams tend to be singularly focussed on
translation. LoCo teams tend (in general) to be advocacy/support
groups who may also do translation.

Hope that makes things clear.

Al.