[RFC] LEP#2, Local Community Teams vs. Locale Teams

Rubén Romero y Cordero huayra at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 27 14:27:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Laura Czajkowski <laura at lczajkowski.com> wrote:

> Let's be clear on one thing, the LoCo council did not write the LEP 2
> that was written by a member of the Loco Directory developers not the
> council. please see the original email it did not come from the any of
> the 6 council members. So less blaming us !!!!

Dear Laura, Paul and the rest of the LoCo council,

Do not get this as an attack on you. I was just annoyed with the issue
being discussed back and forth for years (yes, years, check the
archives) and might have come out a bit too sharp in the edges on this
and might not have checked all the exact facts.

Although my point stands. This issue alone exemplifies the problems in
our community: Putting a lot of work on technicalities and doing
little coordinated work to counter-count what I perceive as a decline
on general participation on our communities globally - There are more
users of Ubuntu everyday, but less participation in LoCo teams. And
thus less activities in order to recruit new members, promote and
share Ubuntu in a proper manner.

Sorry if you understood this as hate-mail or finger-pointing you,
please don't. It is not. I appreciate the work the LC does, it is just
that I am concerned for something I care deeply about and that is very
close to my heart. So I wanted to talk about this issue up and seek
ways in which we can work on it.