[RFC] LEP#2, Local Community Teams vs. Locale Teams

Laura Czajkowski laura at lczajkowski.com
Wed Jul 27 14:07:27 UTC 2011

> Indeed. I was for a long time advocating for cross-polinization and
> cooperation work for all Spanish speaking LoCo teams within the
> Launchpad Framework. We had meetings with most Spanish speaking LoCo
> contacts and key community members across the globe and even if we
> understood and tried to get our communities to work together. It
> didn't. Members always default to their Local team (be it language
> based or national) or regional conglomerates in their continent (i.e.
> Central-America, the Nordics).
>
> As Leandro points out: Successful local projects are growing
> organically. This is happening within communities with commitment,
> vision, good leadership and that are meeting a need their local
> communities have.
>
> Our communities are not growing. The traction we had the first years
> is gone. The Ubuntu Community needs to get that great spirit back or
> see itself fall apart. I am very sorry to say this but it is time to
> face it!
>
> This whole thread is about putting everyone within the LoCo Directory
> framework and create a dashboard for the LoCo council, the way I see
> it. The last thing we need is a LoCo Council who tries to streamline
> us and oblige us to do this and that. WE are not a corporation, WE are
> a community.

Let's be clear on one thing, the LoCo council did not write the LEP 2
that was written by a member of the Loco Directory developers not the
council. please see the original email it did not come from the any of
the 6 council members. So less blaming us !!!!

Laura
--

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/czajkowski
http://www.lczajkowski.com