Will you be adversely affected if Launchpad stops mailing on 'open' team membership changes?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Jul 25 07:02:52 UTC 2011

I'm writing to this list because the Ubuntu loco system is the single
largest collection of open teams in Launchpad, and there is a
notification change I'm proposing which will affect you.

I hope it will only affect you in a positive way, but if would have
adverse impact I want to know now :)

https://launchpad.net/bugs/815623 covers this change.

In short, for OPEN (and only OPEN) teams, I want to stop LP sending
'user $USER has been added to team $TEAM by $USER' and '$USER has been
deactiveated from team $TEAM by $USER' emails.

The reason being that they aren't actionable or useful AFAWCT : unlike
delegated, moderated or restricted teams where another admin may have
made a mistake, or someones credentials being stolen and used to add
someone to the team matter, and may need correcting, in open teams it
is open season.

I hope that these mails universally annoy you and you will cheer at my
proposal to remove them :)

Thanks in advance for any feedback, and if I don't hear back in a
couple of days I will land this change anyhow.

Cheers,
Rob