[RFC] LEP#2, Local Community Teams vs. Locale Teams

YoBoY yoboy.leguesh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 17:33:17 UTC 2011

Le 19/07/2011 17:37, Michael Hall a écrit :
> I don't think we necessarily need to split teams, you can simply treat
> your combined language/geographic team as just a geographic team in the
> context of the LoCo Directory.  So ubuntu-fr can continue to provide
> global French language support, but within the LoCo Directory, only
> select "France" as the country. You can continue to use the same
> resources (IRC, Forums, etc) both uses.  All we ask is that you don't
> list non-local countries as part of your team in the LoCo Directory (and
> for the most part, teams will only have one geographically local country
> anyway).

I have never selected an other country than France in the LoCo
directory. I'm well aware it's for events and we only do events in
France. You are confused because the first time I filled the country
field I selected also the Overseas territories and this make us appear
in every continents. If I remember well, I have rapidly switched to only
France country without overseas territories to please everyone, and it's
that way since then.

YoBoY