LoCo Census

Leandro Gómez leo.telsen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 04:06:55 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 4:27 AM, Daniel Holbach
<daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> while we all wait for two bugs to get fixed in the LoCo Directory ([1],
> [2]) which would allow us to get very basic information about what's
> going on in LoCo teams, I'd still like to ask a bit for a bit of general
> feedback from you.
>
> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/loco-directory/+bug/559228
> [2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/loco-directory/+bug/605651
>

> If you could reply back to the list and give a brief (one line answers
> are totally fine) update on the following questions, that'd be great.
>
>  * In this cycle, how was activity compared to the cycle before?

We had 27 events in 2010 vs. 33 events in 2009. One of the reasons behind
the decrease in activities was that we focused more on the community during
this cycle. A significant amount of time went also to the reapproval
process.

* 6 hacklabs and workshops for the community in 2010 vs. 0 in 2009
* Started working on 3 new community projects
* Updated website
* Created brand guidelines for the team
* Complete reorganization of community teams, projects and assets

>  * If you use a Launchpad team for your LoCo, did you have many people
>   joining/leaving?

3.5% (7) increase in membership ((previously) open LP team), 1 of them in
the M cycle
24% (7) increase in official members in 2010, 6 of them in the M cycle

>  * Do you have an expiry policy set for your team?

No.

>  * If you have a look at the list of former members of your team
>   (https://launchpad.net/~YOURTEAM/+members#former - only works if
>   you're admin/owner of the team) are there many that got deactivated
>   or expired in the last cycle/year?

1 member deactivated in 2010? LP only shows the date they joined the team.