Release Parties

Randall Ross randall at
Wed Sep 29 17:20:08 BST 2010

The definition (or scope) of community is key to the whole "What kind of
party should we throw?" decision.

If we envision a party that appeals to everyone, regardless of whether
they care about operating systems and regardless of demographic, then we
can potentially attract those people from the other side of "the chasm"
and we can ultimately inject even more life into our favourite project.
If Ubuntu is seen as "the fun crowd", then our numbers will grow.

Our definition? Ubuntu community in Vancouver intentionally consists of
all walks, all ages, and all levels of interest about (or understanding
of) computers. Hence, our parties reflect that diversity.

The Ubuntini's are of course optional. But it sure is a lot of fun to
order them in the presence of the inventor. We can even serve them
virgin style ;)

Ubuntu Vancouver Buzz Generator