Release Parties

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 17:04:39 BST 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Laura Czajkowski <laura at lczajkowski.com> wrote:
> We go for dinner then go to a bar for drinks and have a quiz of some
> sort, it's a party.  We can do installfests another time!

I tried to get a poor fellow to give a short technical talk at the
first release party I held.  People were polite, but it didn't work.
Everyone (even the guy doing the talk) preferred to just mingle and
socialize.

We do have people who bring in their computers and run the upgrade
there.  I'm fine with that.  It's part of what we're celebrating,
after all.  *I* find stuff like that fun.  I wouldn't be throwing
parties for operating systems if I didn't.  I'm not going to hold it
against anyone else.

But it's not the focus.  We'll have cake and food and LAN games.  And
it'll be fun.

I'm probably never going to throw a boozy dance party.  Because I
don't find that fun.  To each their own, of course.  If people in my
community wanted to do that, I'd happily support them.  It's just not
for me.

Darcy.