Logging of Ubuntu LoCo Teams core channels

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 20:53:48 BST 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 23:27 -0400, Indigo196 wrote:
> In the end my only concern would be that it could drive some folks to
> non-official channels which would dilute the main purpose of the
> channel
> -- to be a gathering place for all those interested in the team.
>
> I myself do not care and I will wait to hear what others have to say
> before tossing a chip in to the vote box.

As someone who has put his foot in his mouth on more occasions than the
sun has risen. I'd say logging is a good thing, transparency in the
social interaction. Helps clear the air and resolve conflicts even if it
means being humble about what you said.

So long as the logs are available to everyone and everyone knows that
this is the way our community is run and it's not something imposed on
teams from above.

Martin,