Change of Ubuntu Finland team contact!

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 20:07:34 BST 2010

Hi!

With great trust and joy I'm transferring, with authority from Ubuntu
Finland's bi/tri-weekly meeting [1], Ubuntu Finland's Team Contact job
to my successor, Jussi Kekkonen (Tm_T on IRC). He has been within
Ubuntu Finland from the beginning, and has been active both locally
and internationally in various activities - this is an especially good
aspect about him, since many people in the broader Ubuntu community
already know him as well.

[1] http://wiki.ubuntu-fi.org/Yhteis%C3%B6n_kokous - today's log will
appear soon linked in the bottom part of the page

For my part, I have expressed my willingness to give out some of my
Ubuntu-related duties for some time already. I founded Ubuntu Finland
in 2005 (approval meeting 19 Feb 2005) and these 5.5 years have been
both great but also cannot and shouldn't continue forever without
changes. During that we've come a long way from "maybe I'll set up
this forum thing and see if it's of any use to anyone" (now > 250 000
messages). We have won Linux Maker of the year award [2], sent Ubuntu
+ information about free software to all members of parliament [3],
had a great many release parties (lucid [4]) with nice attendance and
a lot of other things.

[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue90
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue57
[4] http://blog.ubuntu-fi.org/wp-content/uploads/ubuntutampere2.jpg

I will continue as co-leading Ubuntu Finnish translators, Canonical
ubuntu-fi web host "trusted person", ubuntu-fi company relationships
person, Finnish Remix creator, Debian Developer (I was first Ubuntu
user, then Debian), GNOME translator, Openmoko spin-offs activist et
cetera, so I'm not quite quitting in any sense with Ubuntu related
activities, let alone free software world in general :) During paid
hours I'm usually involved with MeeGo at the moment, doing the work on
Ubuntu.

(we'll update loco.ubuntu.com shortly)

-Timo