LoCo Directory developers would like some input

NICK VERBECK nerdynick at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 16:06:49 GMT 2010

Whats the potential of just letting the event organizer enter the time
with timezone, then store that value in the DB as UTC along with the
timezone that it was entered against. Then when a user visits the page
use Javascript and Ajax to store against that users session there
timezone, and just change out all the times to display as there
timezone. And just as a safety for when you don't know a users
timezone. ie the initial request to the site. Just display the time in
the timezone that it was entered against. Just make sure to include
the TZ info when displaying the time.

This does add a bit of work on a developer side but does benefit event
organizers and anyone browsing the site.

Nick Verbeck - NerdyNick