Google don't like Kurmandji

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 13:48:04 GMT 2010

Hello Amed,

To thread you replied to was about Google's summer of code, not it's
internal translation business. I've started a new thread with a new
title so others who want to discuss these ideas can do so without
confusing people interested in the Summer of Code project.

My own thoughts are below:

On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 14:37 +0200, Amed Çeko Jiyan wrote:
> Why Google doesn't let Kurdish people to translate Google into
> Kurmandji (The Kurdish dialect, has more that 25.000.000 speakers)?
> Even we has been translated many systems and softwares as Ubuntu,
> Kubuntu, OOo, Firefox etc., just because Kurmandji people dont have a
> state and they are not in capitalist system, Google don't care about
> them.
> I protest Google!!!

The problem is, google is under no responsibility to translate their
websites or proprietary software into anything they don't want to.

But, this doesn't mean that you can't use a different product and show
google that your willing to choose another supplier.

Your alternative is to develop a greasemonkey script or something
similar that translates their websites at least, on the fly for you.
Then you just have to tell all 25 million people to install Ubuntu.

Martin,