The Free Software, Open Source promise: what FOSS means for non-coders

Danny Piccirillo danny.piccirillo at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 10 00:21:51 GMT 2010

Spreading the ideals of FOSS is a bit difficult when we have to explain how
our tools respect freedom and why peer-review and our methods create better
software. I propose that we put together a solid list of Free Software (Open
Source) promises that people can expect from FOSS tools. That is, a list of
things that would never happen with FOSS with examples of where it has
happened with major proprietary software. Example: DRM

Thoughts?

--
.danny

☮♥Ⓐ - http://www.google.com/profiles/danny.piccirillo