Using the tag #locoteams when using twitter/identi.ca

Fabian Rodriguez magicfab at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 23 12:38:14 BST 2010

On 10-06-22 05:34 PM, David Overcash wrote:

>     > In the spirit of "Free as in Freedom", we should try & always use
>     > identi.ca <http://identi.ca> or setup your own server with its
>     software (available at
>     > status.net <http://status.net>). If you must use Twitter
>     consider setting up an account on
>     > identi.ca <http://identi.ca> to forward your notices there too
>     (assuming it's possible, I
>     > wouldn't know how).
>

> Not that I care that much or really want to get into the discussion of
> it - but please at least consider that using unknown and lesser-used
> networks in the name of freedom often also keep you from reaching the
> very audience with which Linux advocates can best educate: normal users.
>
> I think we should avoid sticking to either one and simply use the
> networks for what they are: a group of people who may be interested in
> Linux.

You know, it's only my opinion.

It's telling this has started a pretty active thread. It means the loco
team contacts still care. And that's important.

Now, let's not forget our Code of Conduct heh ? I already see I could
invoke Godwin's law!! tsk tsk..! :(
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Let there be choice - and freedom ;)

F.