Ubuntu LoCo's should move to LibrePlanet

Dirk Deimeke dirk at deimeke.net
Wed Jun 9 13:25:24 BST 2010

Hello Danny

Ubuntu is not only about software it is as well about the philosophy
behind the African word "Ubuntu".

No member of the community is - as far as I know - brainwashed by
Canonical. But every member of the community is dedicated to sharing
of software, thoughts, belongings, ... Human interaction is the main
part of the game.

I am quite active in the German community and I know that there are
better Linux distributions out there and I am free to say that. I do
not agree with every decision Ubuntu or Canonical or Mark are taking,
but hey, life is not perfect.

Coming from Debian with their endless struggles on politically correct
software, I know that many people forgot about the human beings on the
other side of the table who are no technicians. And those people are
not able to get their hardware up and running with a completely free
operating system. To be honest, I do not know a single person, who
does not use any non-free driver.

In my opinion you had a great idea in creating LibrePlanet. People
working in Ubuntu LoCo team are free to join your community as well.

> ??? - http://www.google.com/profiles/danny.piccirillo
> Every (in)decision matters.

An ambassador for free software using a non-free-closed-source mail
service sounds strange. Yes. This (in)decision matters as well.

Cheers

Dirk

--
Kontakt: http://d5e.org/contact