Monthly Reports

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Jul 27 16:12:40 BST 2010

Hi Martin,

On 27 July 2010 15:30, Martin Owens <doctormo at gmail.com> wrote:
> We fail at making things easy and instead insist upon the manual and
> monotonous. A re-instance of monthly reports do not make them more
> appealing, they make running a LoCo a chore rather than good fun.

I completely agree that manual recurrent jobs are tedious. One
solution the UK loco has used is to delegate. We have a recurring item
on every meeting agenda which is used as a reminder to the team. No
one single individual is responsible for creating the team report, but
one person creates the initial blank page. Once done, anyone can add
single lines outlining what the team has done. We don't spend vast
amounts of time on it, just enough to convey what the team has done
that month. Here's some samples:-

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/TeamReports/10/July
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/TeamReports/10/June
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/TeamReports/10/May

This process should not be onerous, but it should allow everyone to
benefit from learning about the great things other teams are doing.

Cheers,
Al.

Cheers,
Al.