LoCo on Launchpad

Neil Coetzer neil at ubuntu.org.zw
Sat Jul 24 01:22:30 BST 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-23 at 17:21 -0400, Indigo196 wrote:
> Neil:
>
> I think it depends on how you view the LP team -- is it a list of
> 'active' members or is it just a list of people who are associated with
> using Ubuntu and your LoCo team. I lean towards the latter and would not
> require 'activity' in order to be 'listed' on the team. I do have the
> expiration set to one year which will auto-prune folks who are no longer
> interested in being listed.
>
> Charles
> NY State LoCo

Hi Charles,

Thanks, and very valid point.

While we also have expiration set to one year, many of the members have
joined in the last year. We have noticed a trend here where people sign
up and sometimes attend one meeting, and then seem to slip through the
cracks. So our intention here is certainly not to force people into
being active as such, but rather to avoid losing potential contributors
simply because we haven't provided them with any necessary information
and encouragement. As also mentioned previously, many of the people who
are non-technical seem to be intimidated into not contributing because
they think their contributions will be "less" than those who are
technical - so this is also a mindset that we are trying to change at
the moment, particularly as we feel that marketing is probably the most
crucial need in our area right now.

And of course, this is just part of a drive to increase interest in the
Team, because the consistently active members are unfortunately few.

Regards,
Neil