Approval Workflow

Alan Bell alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com
Fri Jul 23 14:12:50 BST 2010

On 23/07/10 13:52, Philipp Stiegler wrote:

> Hello Ubuntufolks,
>
> I am a member of the Austrian Loco Team.
>
> I have a few things to say about the approval work which is done by
> the council.
> First of all I want to say, that Ubuntu was a great distribution and
> still is my favorite one out there.

mine too

> What I think about this approval process is, that a lot of work, from
> people who really are committed to Ubuntu, is getting bashed. I don´t
> think that this is the right way and I know that in former times there
> was nearly no bureaucracy in the Ubuntu community. Everyone worked for
> the community, not for reapproval, only because they were convinced of
> Ubuntu and wanted to share this expirience with their friends and in
> general other people.

it isn't about bashing anything it is about making sure everything is
going well and sharing ideas and best practices. Approved teams are
doing great stuff and can have resources chucked at them from time to
time and can be expected to be organised enough to cope with it. Non
approved teams can be provided with help in organising themselves.

> I know some guys, who have their work, make their studies AND care
> about the ubuntu project. They do that for free without asking for
> payment or asking for anything else. Thats why I think that its not
> fair that a council judge that people.

great! Their wonderful work should be shown off to the council and, more
importantly, the other locos so we can see their awesomeness, and copy
what they are doing.

Alan.