Summary of the Ubuntu LoCo Council meeting on 20th July 2010

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Jul 22 11:23:39 BST 2010

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay getting these minutes out.

The LoCo council held a meeting on Tuesday where we had a bunch of
LoCo team {re}approvals to do. Representatives from the LoCo teams
kindly took time out to join us in the channel and tell us what their
team does. It was fantastic to see teams around the world getting on
with the job of supporting and advocating Ubuntu in their own region,
language and culture!

Unfortunately some teams didn't get re-approved, and for those the
LoCo Council has committed to help them get back on their feet and
build themselves back up with a view to going for approval again in
the future. We look forward to working with those teams! We also
deferred some work to be done via the LoCo Council mailing list rather
than wait until the next meeting.

Finally we decided to schedule the next meeting for 2 weeks time
rather than the usual 4 weeks, so we can get through some more of the
outstanding LoCo team {re}approvals.

Thanks,
Al.

Full log at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/Agenda/20100720

21:00 <MootBot> Meeting started at 15:00. The chair is czajkowski.
21:00 <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/Agenda
21:01 <MootBot> New Topic:  Romanian Re Approval
21:01 <MootBot> LINK received:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RomanianTeam/ApprovalApplication
21:04 <MootBot> ACTION received:  LoCo council to take Romanian
Application to email
21:05 <MootBot> New Topic:  LithuanianTeam Re approval
21:05 <MootBot> LINK received:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LithuanianTeam/ReApprovalApplication
21:05 <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LithuanianTeam
21:14 <MootBot> Please vote on:  please vote on the re approval of the
Lithuania LoCo.  Only Council members vote please..
21:18 <MootBot> Final result is 0 for, 5 against. 1 abstained. Total: -5
21:19 <MootBot> ACTION received:  LocO council to follow up with
sirex` and help with some pointers.
21:19 <MootBot> New Topic:  Massachusetts Team Re approval
21:19 <MootBot> LINK received:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/ReApproval2010
21:19 <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam
21:22 <MootBot> ACTION received:  Massachusetts Team to be done via email
21:23 <MootBot> New Topic:  Italy Loco re Approval
21:23 <MootBot> LINK received:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ItalianTeam/ReApprovalApplication
21:23 <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ItalianTeam
21:30 <MootBot> LINK received:  http://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/GruppoTest
is impressive stuff
21:31 <MootBot> Please vote on:  please vote on the re approval of the
Italian LoCo. Only council members vote please.
21:32 <MootBot> Final result is 6 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 6
21:33 <MootBot> New Topic:  French Team Re Approval
21:33 <MootBot> LINK received:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FrenchTeam/ApprovalApplication
21:33 <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FrenchTeam
21:41 <MootBot> Please vote on:  please vote on the re approval of the
French LoCo. Only Council members vote..
21:42 <MootBot> You have already voted on this topic.
21:43 <MootBot> Final result is 4 for, 0 against. 1 abstained. Total: 4
21:43 <MootBot> ACTION received:  huats to update the LP with teams
Approval/Re approval and non approval date
21:43 <MootBot> New Topic:  Greek Team Approval
21:44 <MootBot> LINK received:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GreekTeam/ApprovalApplication2010
21:44 <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GreekTeam
21:49 <MootBot> LINK received:
http://people.ubuntu.com/~dpm/ubuntu-10.04-translation-stats.html
21:51 <MootBot> Please vote on:  please vote on the Greek Team Re
Approval. Only council members vote.
21:52 <MootBot> Final result is 5 for, 0 against. 1 abstained. Total: 5
21:52 <MootBot> New Topic:  Egypt Team Approval
21:52 <MootBot> LINK received:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EgyptTeam/ApprovalApplication
21:53 <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EgyptTeam
22:02 <MootBot> Please vote on:  please vote on the Approval of the
Egypt LoCo.  Only Council members vote.

22:03 <MootBot> Final result is 1 for, 0 against. 5 abstained. Total: 1
22:03 <MootBot> ACTION received:  council to follow up with the Egypt
Team and give them some help
22:04 <MootBot> New Topic:  Dutch Team Re Approval
22:05 <MootBot> LINK received:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DutchTeamApprovalApplication
22:05 <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DutchTeam
22:14 <MootBot> LINK received:
http://people.ubuntu.com/~dpm/ubuntu-10.04-translation-stats.html
dutch is looking good there..
22:18 <MootBot> Please vote on:  Please vote on the re approval of the
Dutch LoCo. only Council members vote.
22:19 <MootBot> Final result is 0 for, 0 against. 6 abstained. Total: 0
22:20 <MootBot> New Topic:  Massachusetts Team Re approval
22:20 <MootBot> New Topic:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/ReApproval2010
22:21 <MootBot> LINK received:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/ReApproval2010
22:21 <MootBot> LINK received:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam
22:21 <MootBot> LINK received:  http://ubuntu-massachusetts.com
22:34 <MootBot> Please vote on:  Please vote on the Re Aproval of the
Massachusetts Team LoCo.  only council members vote please.
22:35 <MootBot> Final result is 0 for, 4 against. 2 abstained. Total: -4
22:36 <MootBot> ACTION received:  Popey I'd like to see the loco
council run a recruitment drive and bring in skills from other locos
to help -us-ma!
22:37 <MootBot> ACTION received:  czajkowski update
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/LoCoTeamReApproval
22:38 <MootBot> ACTION received:  popey update the wiki page with
minutes and mail loco contacts mailing list
22:39 <MootBot> Meeting finished at 16:40.
22:39 <MootBot> Logs available at http://www.novarata.net/mootbot/