Need help getting an Ubuntu Stack Exchange created through promotion

Hollman Enciso R. hollman.enciso at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 17:23:38 BST 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 5:45 AM, Laura Czajkowski <laura en lczajkowski.com> wrote:
> On 15/07/10 11:12, Evan Dandrea wrote:
>> Hi there!
>>

>> This is where you come in. :)  If this project excites you as much as
>> it does for me, wont you please tell your LoCo teams about it.  Feel
>> free to use your own referral link (Stack Exchange has a spectacularly
>> fun reward / badges system) that you can generate by signing up and
>> then clicking on "Share This" on the proposal page.  Lets work
>> together to make this something truly spectacular that brings even
>> more Ubuntu users into the fold and gives them a means of getting
>> really high quality responses to their questions and continuous
>> encouragement to help others.
>>
>> Thanks for your time.
>>

> Aloha! Please LoCo Contacts and anyone else on this list PASS THIS ONTO
> YOUR TEAM and see if we can make this happen, there are hundreds of
> teams and a lot more members than that who can make this happen. All it
> takes is you encouraging your team members to take part!

I prefer use shapado (shapado.com - http://ubuntu.shapado.com/)

Ciite from Patrick Aljord, Shapado developer:

Why not use shapado instead? It has the same features and clean design
as stackexchange with the advantage of being Free and Open Source. It
support reputation, badges, wiki, widgets, theming and more.

It also integrates great with Facebook login and Twitter login making
it easier for people to participate, stackexchange doesn’t support
those. Also it has great support for i18n so it’s not limited to
English speaking people. Last but not least, you don’t need to ask
anyone to start a site, hosting is free and anyone can start one.
Actually there’s already an Ubuntu site here:
http://ubuntu.shapado.com
--

Shapado have more features. are open source.

--
Hollman Eduardo Enciso R.
Contacto Ubuntu Colombia.