Need help getting an Ubuntu Stack Exchange created through promotion

Stas Sușcov stas at nerd.ro
Sat Jul 17 12:06:18 BST 2010

În data de Sb, 17-07-2010 la 11:23 +0100, Laura Czajkowski a scris:
> s replies, it looks that you simply ignored the
> > messages where the main idea is explained. People have nothing to do
> > with Facebook and twitter, until somebody doesn't try to make `a must`
> > out of it. Those who are using resources like SE didn't ask to support
> > their initiative, they just registered it and got their fans on their
> > own. The point is that you are free to use SE and create a new community
> > there, but why should we spam loco's in the hope of their support? I
> > think that the subject is now fully consumed and we should stop
> > repeating ourselves. Those who didn't get it by now, please read again
> > the thread.
> >
> > You want it, go ahead, but since it's not a community owned thing, don't
> > ask locos to jump into it, IT'S WRONG!
> >
> > Have a great weekend.
> >

> Actually the reason I suggested posting the mail to your locos is that's
> what this mailing list is for,  If you start making personal decisions
> on what should be forwarded to your teams then you really shouldn't be
> the contact for your team on this list!

Fyi, I'm not the PoC for my teams, but this doesn't change my opinion.
Or, this is a restricted list and I should leave it?

> It's not just this mail, but we have seen some information not passed
> onto LoCo teams in the past which makes it harder to let people know
> what is going on.  LoCo contacts should be passing on information to
> their teams whether they agree with topics or not.

With all respect, it's a bit more complicated. People tend to follow
what a loco mails them/asks them (simply by respect to PoC or member who
asks something), and this is really not that situation when a loco team
members should follow, simply because for loco duties it was never said
to `support unofficial communities` or get a facebook/twitter account
every time some ubuntu-guy wants it.

> With regard to SE, it's just another avenue for people to turn to, maybe
> that's where they go for all their other information.  It would be good
> for us to have a presence there also.

And because I can be influential in my loco team, I should ask people go
there? Common?!?!
I would do that if we had a marketing team member who's job would be
supporting all kind of this stuff, but since we are all busy translating
and coding, I wouldn't dare to push that. Or, if you think we're doing
that wrong... then it's somebody else who shouldn't be on this list.

As I said, I think the subject is fully expired by now and I'm not going
to respond any more to any emails in this thread.

Kind regards.