Need help getting an Ubuntu Stack Exchange created through promotion

Evan Dandrea ev at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 15 11:12:28 BST 2010

Hi there!

We're trying to get the good people at Stack Exchange to create a
community Ubuntu users and developers question and answer site built
on their platform and hosted for free by them (with all the content
being CC licensed).  As part of the proposal process we need to get
people to visit the following page and click on the "Commit!" button,
signalling that this is a website they would like to use, should it be
created:

http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/7716/ubuntu?referrer=qQssWsN94hKB49QQOgt7xA2

If you're curious as to what this will look like once accepted, then
there are already a few sites in public beta that you can explore:
http://webapps.stackexchange.com/
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/

Thanks to some really lovely people in the community, we've already
had coverage on Ubuntu Forums
<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1529644>, the Design Team
blog <http://design.canonical.com/2010/07/vote-now-for-a-more-supportive-future/>,
and OMG! Ubuntu!
<http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/07/vote-now-for-awesome-new-ubuntu-help.html>.
 But as I explain in my blog post
<http://evand.wordpress.com/2010/07/15/nearly-there/>, we need to
reach out further into the community and let the boots-on-the-ground
Ubuntu users know what we're all trying to do, and how they can help
be a part of it by going to the proposal website and clicking on the
"Commit!" button.

This is where you come in. :)  If this project excites you as much as
it does for me, wont you please tell your LoCo teams about it.  Feel
free to use your own referral link (Stack Exchange has a spectacularly
fun reward / badges system) that you can generate by signing up and
then clicking on "Share This" on the proposal page.  Lets work
together to make this something truly spectacular that brings even
more Ubuntu users into the fold and gives them a means of getting
really high quality responses to their questions and continuous
encouragement to help others.

Thanks for your time.