Announcing Ubuntu User Day - January 23, 2010

Chris Johnston chrisjohnston at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 14 04:13:09 GMT 2010

Greetings;

The Ubuntu User Days Team would like to announce the first Ubuntu User Day,
on January 23, 2010. This will be a very informative one day session geared
towards beginner and intermediate Ubuntu users, as well as people who are
interested in using Ubuntu. We have 14 classes covering topics ranging from
installing Ubuntu, finding help, equivalent programs, using IRC, getting
involved in the Ubuntu Community and more. We have enlisted the help of many
talented people to lead these classes throughout the day.

These classes will be taught in #ubuntu-classroom with questions being asked
in #ubuntu-classroom-chat on irc.freenode.net. Please visit
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDays for a complete class list and schedule of
classes.

There is also a Spanish version of Ubuntu User Days being offered on
January, 23, 2010. Please visit Día Del Usuario Ubuntu at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DiaDelUsuarioUbuntu for more information on the
Spanish Ubuntu User Day!

Please take a few minutes over the next week or so to promote the Ubuntu
User Day to people you know, in your LoCo Team, in your blog, or any other
resources you may have access to.

Respectfully Submitted,

Chris Johnston
Ubuntu Member