LoCo Directory

Rubén Romero y Cordero huayra at ubuntu.com
Sat Feb 6 22:07:22 GMT 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 4:58 AM, Legendario <kemel.zaidan at ubuntu-sp.org>wrote:

> Yes, we are part of the approved Brazilian loco team so, I believe that
> this makes us a loco team and also an approved one. At least this is what
> have been told to us. Am I right?

Remember that Brazil is a big country with almos 200 milion
people: Federative Republic of Brazil - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil

Big countries, such as the US or European countries, do have their own local
teams. Do not see why Brazil should be an exception.

> I'd like someone that can tell me if that is true or not because if it
> isn't, I am going to apply the team for approval next month. Seriously, We
> take part on at least a dozen events a year. Have always been promoting
> events on every Ubuntu release for at least 2 years.
>
> Not even the Ubuntu-BR team is as active as us. And this is very
> comprehensible because they are in charge to take care of every regional
> group in the country. They just can't promote events because or taking part
> on some because Brazil is too big for that .
>
> Indeed. there's no Ubuntu-US, right? Get the idea?

> So, I haven`t read anything like that at any wiki or other place and wish
> there is someone who can judge that and give me an official answer.

This should be discussed by us all and probably taken up to the LoCo council
so we can find a best practice for future requests.

> Thanks and sorry to take so long to answer this e-mail
>
> Kemel Zaidan aka Legendario
> Ubuntu-BR-SP Leader

Regards,

Rubén Romero