Are you providing Local Support?

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri Aug 27 15:27:09 UTC 2010

On 27 Aug 2010, at 15:13, YoBoY <yoboy.leguesh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry to ask this stupid question but, what is Local Support ?

Support provided by the loco to people of the same region/language.

In the UK we provide support to people. In #ubuntu-uk if they ask for it. Often people find #ubuntu too busy or hard to follow.

We get a fair number of people turn up from outside the UK for whom English is a second language. If someone can help they will but I'd nobody is around or we can't fix the issue we refer people to the "official" support channels.

Al