We need your help!

Aron Xu happyaron.xu at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 04:12:04 BST 2010

Hello Paul,

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 09:53, Paul Tagliamonte <paultag at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> This is a loco service, locos can help

LoCos can help on things related, that's true. But why
ubuntu-translators list exist but not send your request there when you
need it?

> Also, please don't condecend. If you act this way to a council member that
> oversees your loco, I wonder how you treat others...
>
> Clean it up, please.

I don't know why redirecting such topics to a better place  is kind of
condensed, and you can really get more help when you post the message
to ubuntu-translators list.

> Also, don't respond to the mailing list if you receive a digest, it creates
> a new thread.

Exactly, you didn't give this thread a good start when you send your
first message, because you followed up another topic and just changed
the mail's subject[1]. Digest subscribers should not reply to a
message with a "Re: Digest Volume abc" subject, but they could
participate in discussion if related or interested, couldn't they?

And, yes, reducing quoted text is the right thing, but did you try to
reduce quoted text in your reply?

> Paul
>
> On Aug 14, 2010 9:39 PM, "Eleanor Chen" <chenyueg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you don't need our help, then stop doing this. LoCo Contacts'
>> mailing list is the proper place for you to post this and you will not
>> get as much help as you can get in the translators' mailing list.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Eleanor Chen

[1]See the threaded index of loco-contacts mail archive:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/loco-contacts/2010-August/thread.html

--
Regards,
Aron Xu