Defining "Leader"

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 01:22:50 BST 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 20:16 +0200, Jan Claeys wrote:
> Asking those people to make a LP account, create a GnuPG key and
> upload
> it, and sign some text & upload it, could very well result in a
> serious
> loss in enthusiasm to volunteer...  ;)

Event organisers are not team leaders, co-ordinating is not the same as
leading in much the same way as being striker of a football team doesn't
make you captain.

There should be a very small selection of dedicated people who sign the
LCoC, in our local community there is really only a need for me to sign
it. Even though there are about 7 people to organise different events
(I'm really passionate about events being organised by members, not by
leaders)

Besides the only part that can be enforced is weather an official
contact is considered official if they've not signed the LCoC, and maybe
a few other team relationship type things. Nothing substantive. If you
don't want to sign it, I don't think you should be forced to, but I'd
respect you more if you did.

Martin,