Ubuntu Open Week Plans and Call for Speakers

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 29 21:23:40 BST 2009

Hi everyone,

A bunch of you have been getting nagged by myself or Amber Graner to
continue the great tradition of Ubuntu Open Week. For those of you who
don't know, UOW is a week long workshop where users can learn about
Ubuntu and how it all works. It's a more mainstream IRC week, so it's
not as technical as something like Ubuntu Developer Week. More
information can be found here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek/

We hope to have the schedule finalized by October 7th (Next Wednesday)
so we can make a slick pamphlet like we had for Developer Week. Open
Week itself is from 2-6 November. Planning and brainstorming the
schedule is ongoing here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek/Prep

We are of course always looking for interesting topics and speakers,
so if you're interesting in a session please reply to me off-list and
we'll get you scheduled.

--
Jorge Castro
jorge (at) ubuntu.com